December 21, 2010

My DIY Project On A Rainy Day

{via my blackberry}

Thanks to many rainy days in California, I was forced to look around my home and find things to do to keep me busy. So, I looked through a cabinet where I keep linens, tablecloths, and too many other things to list. I came across a shower curtain I found at Ross. I paid $2.50 on clearance for this shower curtain. The only reason I purchased it was because I adore the pattern. I decided to cover the back panel to a bookshelf that is housed in my living room. I used Velcro strips to adhere the material  (after cutting it to size) to the back panel. I've been told it will take a couple of days for the wrinkles to disappear. But, I may go back and decoupage the material to the panel to create a much smoother effect, and since this bookshelf is an inexpensive Ikea purchase, I am not afraid to decoupage. I may also paint the bookshelf an off-white color. What do you guys think? I am always open to suggestions and comments; I am not sensitive, and I value bloggers' ideas, so please, post any and all comments and/or suggestions.

3 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

P.S
The burgandy in the foreground, in the first pic, is a slip on a chair. It is not an area rug.

Leah said...

I love it!!!

Luvs!

Carpe Diem said...

Thanks, Leah. If I paint the bookshelf, I will also paint (spray paint) the angel above the same off-white color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails