October 12, 2010

La Velvet Margarita Cantina...Hip Hot Spot in Los Angles


{via velvetmargarita.com}

This trendy, velvet encompassed, day of the dead homage, and celebrity hot-spot is famous for its margaritas...hence the name. I've been there twice, and even though I didn't see any celebs (but then again, I wasn't looking), I completely enjoyed the atmosphere. The food is pretty good (not the best Mexican food I've had, but it was good), the drinks are tasty but pricey...as are most drinks anywhere in Los Angeles, but for me, it was well worth it. I love great food, but the place (be it a bar, restaurant, or chain) has to have some type of decor appeal. In other words, the space has to be beautiful. If the place isn't beautiful, I would rather take the food to go. And this place, although it is over-the-top, is gorgeous in a retro-trendy-chic-kinda-way. So, next time you're in the area, and you're looking for a trendy spot to enjoy friends, drinks, and decent food...stop by the Velvet Margarita. Go here and check out what I'm talking about. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails