July 16, 2010

A Celebrity's Spanish Home in California

I may have mentioned this before...well many times before, but I truly love Spanish/Mediterranean architecture....hence this is one of the reasons why I've been remodeling (since I purchased my home in 2003) my home to follow this specific type of architecture. ..But enough about me, here's a celebrity's home featured on shelterpop (to find out whose celebrity home this is, make sure to click on the link) which exudes the clean lines and simple elegance I so adore in Spanish-Mediterranean architecture. Notice the coved ceilings in the living room and the clean lines in the french doors used throughout the home. One feature that is a must in Spanish-Mediterranean architecture, is the use of the outdoors as an extension to the indoors; the outdoors function as outdoor living and dining areas. Another must, in California, is the implementation of native plants in landscaping. Here, succulents are used through out the outdoors...from the front entryway to the back living areas. This is a great example of the beauty in California's Spanish-Mediterranean homes.


2 comments:

Natalie said...

gorgeous! marilyn monroe's home just went up for sale - it's a spanish hacienda and SUPER cute!

Carpe Diem said...

I'll have to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails