June 21, 2010

Magnificent Monday

On this Magnificent Monday, I want to share an oldie but a goodie....Concha Nacar...also known as Mother of Pearl face scrub. I remember listening to my mom and her sisters talk about this product every once in a while, while I was growing up. They raved about its great ability to polish the skin and even out its tone.  My mom always enforced the importance of taking care of your skin, and I also remember my mother emphatically saying, "Stay OUT of the Sun!" And to this day, I always keep that in mind. I know it's difficult especially since I was born and raised in beautiful, sunny California...but it's doable. I simply walk on the shaded side of the street, drive everywhere, and wear sunblock. But I must say this, I've been using Concha Nacar for about a week now; it truly polishes the skin, and it has added an extra glow to my skin. So far, I love it! I've also been trying Natural Soap Mother of Pear by Grisi. This, like Concha Nacar, also incorporates conchiolin powder...this is a protein present in pearl powder. I'm not sure what it does...but I can say this: this soap leaves my skin feeling super soft and glowing. 


I bought both products at Target. 

4 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

huh? interesting- I will have to check this product out :)
<3 cara

Joyti said...

I live in California too :)
But Northern California, so I walk as much as possible. With lots of sunblock on :)

Carpe Diem said...

Ya, check it out, Cara.

Indie.Tea: I love Northern California..I graduated undergrad school from UCSB, so I'm familiar with areas in Northern California; I'm glad to hear you wear sunblock.

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

i want to try these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails