June 16, 2010

Sometimes It's All in the Art

As I've mentioned recently, I am thinking of redoing my office this summer...but this will only happen once I'm completely done with my guest bedroom. I want what every woman wants...to create an inspiring and beautiful area. Currently, I have two dark but stylish bookshelves I purchased at Ikea, and a sleek stainless steel desk I also purchased at Ikea. Sitting at my desk, I have view of a large wall. A portion of this wall includes an opening to a closet which has been "converted" to an area where I house two filing cabinets, paper, documents, and other necessary office items. So, I have an area of about 9 feet by 9 feet of wall to work with. My gut tells me to display art...and a small portion tells me to make practical use of it...such as use it to display a large vision board. Thank goodness, I have Domino Magazine images to refer to. Here are some examples I am using to conjure inspiration from:

I like the narrow shelves used here to display different items...however, I think something like this may compete with my bookshelves and look way too "crowded".

 This vignette of silhouettes and pictures is lovely, and it reminds me of the room I stayed in when visiting Vegas. I stayed at the Venetian in one of the Venezia suites.

I love this large piece of art...and it is what I'm leaning towards. I think using one large statement piece may be the way to go.

This is a great example of how to use books in a lovely bookshelf as a backdrop to great decor...I think the display of books and other items in this bookshelf are used as the room's "art". 

Again, I am loving the use of one large statement piece as it is used here. Granted, the large piece is flanked by equally beautiful but smaller pieces of art. 

What do you guys think?


3 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

I like the second photo the best :)

<3 cara

Carpe Diem said...

It is lovely. For me, the best thing about this vignette is the mirror. I would definitely add a mirror if I create a vignette like this.

Leah said...

Yes second pic! LOVE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails