May 20, 2010

Greens...is Where's it AT.

{via foodandwine.com}

Cesar Salad! Yummy. I am a true believer in the notion that a healthy body is a precursor to outer beauty. And, one way to be healthy is to eat your greens...you know "greens" meaning anything that grows from the earth. Eat more salads, fruits, and veggies. There are too many people who will easily admit not to eating any fruits or vegetables...I for one love them..but the easiest way to add these to your daily meals is to have them for lunch..especially when you're at work. Yes, it's easy. Here's the thing: most people pack a lunch, so the best thing to do is to pack your lunch right after you've eaten dinner. Yes, listen: once you've eaten dinner, you're full and satisfied so, hopefully, you are not craving any snacks or the hell-of-all-foods, junk food ...so this is the perfect time to pack a healthy lunch for the next day since you don't have junk food on the mind. This is what I pack: a large Tupperware container of mixed green, leafy lettuce and I add about 1/4 cup of walnuts to the same Tupperware container (walnuts are key because they will stifle your hunger until dinner) and in a separate small Tupperware container I add a vinaigrette. But this isn't enough. I also add a banana, orange, and some blackberries or raspberries in a separate Tupperware container to my lunch bag. And, of course my large quart of water. I eat my banana and orange around 10:15 am, and I eat my salad (with walnuts) and blackberries at lunch.This totals to at least 6 servings of fruits and veggies in a day. 

P.S.
For the recipe to this delicious Cesar salad go here.

2 comments:

Karena said...

Love a great ceasar salad! Love your site, and Carpe Diem is my favorite quote!

Karena
Art by Karena

Carpe Diem said...

Thank you Karena.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails