May 31, 2010

Magnificent Monday....at IKEA

One of my favorite stores...and a little piece of heaven, at least I think so...is IKEA (*angels singing*). I spent this Magnificent Monday at Ikea with one of my best friends. My goal was to purchase their Alvine Ruta wool rug...and to my dismay...they were completely out. I was so stuck-on getting this rug today, that I asked an employee if I could...PLEASE...get the display rug. He said NO. He was polite, but he said NO. However, he quickly said they would be getting more soon. I was disappointed, frustrated, and angry...but angry with myself since I had been to Ikea about two weeks ago and was about to get the area rug, but I was swayed in not getting it by someone, who will remain nameless...but he knows who he is...simply because he said, "Ewww, it's ugly". My mistake: I allowed that silly comment to cloud my BETTER sense of style. So today, again, I walked out of Ikea with no rug, feeling empty, and secretly hating HIM. Wait, matters got a little worse....I then walked into Barnes and Noble, grabbed the issue of House Beautiful...and what did they have featured, along with other FAB area rugs?...Yes, you guessed it...my FAB Ikea rug. Now, my anger towards HIM was no longer so much of a secret as I yelled...well not actually yelled..."Ohhh, he is going to get it". Okay, enough of that...here's the FAB rug that will look great in my guest bedroom...well, as soon as I'm done redecorating it. Oh yeah, Mario Lopez was shopping at Ikea too...I wonder if he was the one to purchase the last Alvine Ruta rug today?

{via Ikea}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails